General Information on the upcoming Cocos Islands 4G LTE Network
The main aims of the network are to:
- Provide a 4G LTE data service for residents and visitors.
- Provide 4G LTE network coverage for the majority of the main Cocos Islands atoll and lagoon, including ferry routes across the lagoon.
Connection options to the Network. These include to use either:
- SIM card for the local network direct in phone (residents only)
- 4G LTE WiFi Router (aka MiFi or Dongle) – small network device that has SIM card inside and provides a WiFi network for your device (phone, iPad, laptop) to connect to.
- Handsets need to be Network Unlocked
- Most handsets compatible
Calling options on the 4G LTE Data Service are:
- All “Chat apps” are supported. These include:
- Whatsapp, Telegram, Signal, Viber, WeChat etc. Note that these Apps may need to be preregistered on your phone via your mainland mobile number.
- Skype – can also have a traditional number to make and receive phone calls on
- WiFi calling – only available if using a MiFi device
- The network will NOT have Voice over LTE (VoLTE) capability or SMS. This means your standard phone dialer will not work and there will be no 04 numbers available.
VoLTE may be a future possibility, however is not in the initial project scope.
- Voice over IP – IOTT can provide a 08 9130 88xx number that can be used on your mobile (via a 3rd party App). Separate billing for number and outbound calls may apply. Free calls between on-island phones (residents only)
Indicative Monthly Pricing for Post-Paid Accounts:
- Residential 5GB + 5GB (peak + off-peak) – $25
- Residential 10GB + 10GB (peak + off-peak) – $45
- Corporate 5GB + 5GB (peak + off-peak) – $45
- Corporate 10GB + 10GB (peak + off-peak) – $65
Reduced rate plans will be available for Cocos Islands residents and island based businesses.
Visitors will be able to rent a MiFi device and purchase pre-paid data at different rates.
Initial Account set up & SIM card cost – $30 residents, $50 Corporate
WiFi Calling (General Info)
Telstra have announced that WiFi SMS is now available.
For info & to check if you have a compatible handset please see Telstra WiFi Calling & SMS
How to Enable SMS Over Wifi On iPhone
- Upgrade to the latest iOS 13.4 or higher
- Settings > General > About
- Your device will have already updated the carrier settings or it will ask you to
- Restart your device
- To check it has worked, go to Settings > General > About > Service Provider and the IMS says ‘Voice and SMS